Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The 411

First of all, thanks so much for all of the comments and feedback on the Paris portion of the blog (or any portion of the blog, for that matter--it's fun to hear from you!).  We really did have a great time, and it's been so much fun to share it with you.  I'm glad to be able to relive our adventures, and have someone (...something...?) to converse with as I'm adjusting to life in Lawton. 

No, I didn't take the time to upload our pictures from Germany today.  I'm sorry.  Please stay tuned.  Instead, I devoted every spare moment to reading this.  I knew that once I started it, I wouldn't want to put it down.


But I didn't want to start it, because I didn't want to be done with the trilogy.  And as a side-note, if the covers look boring to you, you're not alone.  I didn't read the first book until 6 months after I heard a classmate rave about it.  I judged the book by its cover, and I didn't think that it was my type of story.  I was wrong.  And the good news is....

I'm not done with the trilogy. 

Around 3:00 this afternoon, when I was about 2/3 of the way done with it, I received a call for an interview....tomorrow!  So I immediately dropped everything and began preparing myself for that. 

And, a couple of hours later, my sweet husband walked through the door with these...


and he told me that he'll love me if I get the job, if I don't get the job, and if I decide to just sit around the house and blog for the rest of my life...

Then I made vegetable soft tacos with chipotle sour cream for dinner.  They were delicious.  Follow the link, look at that recipe, and try them soon.  When Jamie heard what we were having, he said that he didn't want to eat.  And about halfway through the process of chopping all of those vegetables, I was equally as negative.  But the end result was worth it.  They were a hit.  I'll definitely be making them again. 

So all of that's to say, thanks for reading, thanks for being patient, and thanks for keeping in touch.  I'll talk to you again...and soon.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet hubby!! I love the roses! The tacos look delish! Can't wait to try them! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he? The flowers really are beautiful...now he's just insisting that we keep it like an icebox inside, to give them a longer life. :) Let me know what you think of the tacos! And love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little speech with the flowers! What a wonderful husband! -charissa

    ReplyDelete