Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ted's Cafe Escondido

I haven't had many bad Mexican meals in my lifetime...though I do tend to choose my favorite Mexican restaurant in each town that I spend over 48 hours in.  I visited Oklahoma City in 2008 and was introduced to Ted's--it was the best Mexican food that I had ever had.  I've been craving the soft, fluffy tortillas--dipped in queso (yum!)--ever since.

We left Dowling Park on Tuesday morning.  It was a sad day, and we knew it was coming...but knowing it was coming didn't make it any easier.  Thankfully, Margie had agreed to travel with us--to help with driving and to make the transition easier.  We all had so much fun together...and it's not over yet!  We dropped her off with her family in Oklahoma City last night.  She is coming to help us move in once we find a place and schedule our household goods to be delivered.


Driving into Lawton wasn't as bad as what I'd braced myself for.  It's actually very pretty, with some mountain ranges in the distance.  Now, it looks like my activities will consist of shopping at the pawn shops, taking out a loan, or getting a haircut...but again, I'd braced myself.

Now that we are so close to being settled, I'm really ready to have my stuff back and in order again.  We haven't seen our own bed in over a month...and every day it gets harder and harder to find our stuff in the cars that seem to get messier by the minute. 

And just so you know, I can't wait to share our European adventures with you.  From the looks of things, I'm going to have a lot of free time once we finally find a place to settle.  Until then, I hope you can enjoy Lawton, Oklahoma with me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment